Parents, if you’re helping kids with their term papers and such, MAKE SURE that the blog posts they are citing (IF THEY ARE USING THEM) are run by REAL PEOPLE whose credentials you can verify. There are a lot of phonies out there giving out phony facts to elevate their egos and they are spreading a LOT of false information about various subjects they claim to be experts in. If the paper counts for a MAJOR GRADE, your quick thinking may make the difference between an A/B paper and a C/F one.
If they name a university, check out its website and see if that person is a faculty member. If that person’s name is NOT on file, then the whole site is bogus! Tell your kid to keep looking! That’s the best way to check it. Then direct your child to find something easier to verify. In fact, if you want to, call that professor up on the university extension IF that person’s REAL name is on the blog, and ask him/her and verify that this is his/her site. A lot of people do rip off ID‘s. Most professors won’t mind verifying the info either and if it is not their blog, they will take action to shut it down.
There are too many “wannabe” experts out there pretending to be somebody they aren’t. Some get paid for each hit on their website. Think of it this way, if the site is bogus, you’re not just helping your student to a better grade, you might be preventing possible internet fraud.
Tune in next time for another writing tip…Same bat time! Same bat channel!
- A+ Term Papers (customessayplus2013.wordpress.com)
- Writing a Term Paper – Making it Easy For Yourself (ttermpaperstreeee.wordpress.com)
- Time Saving Tips for Typing a Quality Term Paper (homework.answers.com)
- Term Papers and Essays – How to Write Better Papers (ppapersassistance.wordpress.com)
- Take Your Term Paper Writing To A New Level (ttermpaperstreess.wordpress.com)
- How Do Professors Check For Plagiarism in Essays and Term Papers? (ttermpaperstreeee.wordpress.com)