Good morning everyone! Now that I have gotten your attention I want to say a few things before you view this video that Carly Taylor posted on YouTube. First off, she is a con artist. Secondly, she is racist. This video is full of foul-language but I used it for a training tool. I even called Dunkin’ Donuts corporate over this and demanded they do something about this woman because what she is doing in the process of breaking a few federal laws is scamming for a free meal. I say she is scamming because she waited for the next shift to show up with a video camera to harass what appears to be a minor (Needi) at work.
Not only did she make terroristic threats toward the staff, she also videotaped customers and staff without getting a SIGNED release prior to posting to YouTube. If she has a business degree, as she claims, she truly needs a refund because she got short-changed and her lawyer (if she didn’t lie about having one) should be disbarred for not telling her to STHU and leave the video camera at home. Anyone who appears on that video can sue her and that is one of the reasons Dunkin’ Donuts needs to file an injunction against her since she had no permission to be video taping in their establishment. Most journalists won’t even do this crap unless they are investigating ILLEGAL activity in order to expose it.
She wouldn’t have lasted 20 seconds in my store. I promise you all that she would have been escorted out in handcuffs within 60 seconds. This is what SHOULD have happened:
1. Management should have been present. If they were, it wasn’t indicated.
2. Management should have directed her and warned her that she would have to leave if she didn’t turn off the camera.
3. I would have stated on camera, you do not have permission to use my image or that of any other employee on any public forum. Please turn off the video camera and we will get your meal.
4. If she refused, I would not have spoken further given the fact that she was belligerent and making threats, I would have gotten her locked up. As I said she violated several federal laws here–one of which was to make a terroristic threat toward staff and NO establishment should EVER tolerate such abuse.
5. Corporations need to give all staff training for these situations and the authority to take action when this is taking place in case management is occupied with vendors and such. The remedy for such issues should not be limited solely to management staff. Any employee should be able to kick such people out of the establishment. It is common sense.
Here is the link to the video (Warning: Again, this video does contain foul-language!) :
If there is one thing Nana hates, it is racism. If Needi (the employee threatened) was a minor, I hope her parents also filed charges. To me Ms. Chapman is nothing more than a con artist trying to get her 15 minutes of fame, but if you read the comments under her video, it obviously backfired on her, and rightfully so.
Here is another link about this to look at. It’s a pretty good article too for coming from “The Smoking Gun”…
I was so angry when I saw this that I used this video to train staff on how to handle this situation.